Christopher Denovan was born in Cape Town, South Africa in 1983. In 2005 he graduated with a Diploma in Fine Art (Majoring in Painting and Printmaking) from the Ruth Prowse School of Art. Chris then went on to study at The Animation School in 2006 and graduated with two official certificates in Autodesk Maya and Autodesk 3ds Max, respectively. He also went on to win The Best Concept Characters Prize during his time at The Animation School. His experience in animation would subsequently have a significant impact in his approach to art.
In 2011 Chris began to focus on his fine art and started his painting career. He has gone on to exhibit in various group shows in South Africa, including, among others, Studio 41, Salon 91, The Rust-en-Vrede Art Gallery and The Irma Stern Museum. In 2014 Chris was short-listed in the Vuleka Competition for his portrait titled Kouros, while in 2017 he was selected as a finalist for the Sanlam Portrait Award.
Recent Exhibitions Shown At:
- 99 Loop Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa
- Art in the Yard, Franschhoek, Western Cape, South Africa.
- Eclectica Design and Art, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
- State of the Art Gallery, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
- Rust-en-Vrede Gallery, Durbanville, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.